Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Example essay alternate ending


It seams every time I go to Portland now, or even to Augusta, things seem much more busy. More like when I lived in the City. I think the secret is out, and more and more people from away are moving here. They have seen how pretty it is and have talked to the people. Now like I say I regrettably am “from away”. I was six months old before I ever set foot in the state of Maine. I married a Maine woman and have two children born in Maine. But as I understand it my kids are not true Mainers. I have been told have to have one whole generation born in the state to be called a Mainer. Because as the old fisherman said “If my cat had kittens in the oven,... I wouldn't call them biscuits”. This is truly a great place to live and I will finish out my days here. I hope it stays the same. I hope that like me, others will make the choice to live like a Mainer. Too, reject or ignore some outside influences like the 24 hour news cycle and Madison Avenue advertising. Go outside, watch the sunset, grow something, climb a hill, swim in a lake, go sailing, go fishing, eat lobster from Port Clyde and potatoes from Hodgton, just take a drive. Just enjoy it, because it is truly the way life should be.

1 comment:

  1. Either ending works fine--problem here is up the middle.

    ReplyDelete