Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reaction to I-search Graf#6

My initial reaction to the I-searches were that it was just another way to write a research paper. I was wrong when I got into some of the papers further down the page. I realized that some were very instructional in nature. This is what I thought the I-search was going to be. The first two or three were very interesting and I enjoyed the instructional nature of the paper. But the reality of it is that these topics, although important to the author, were pretty mundane. I really was somewhat taken aback with the later papers and how personal they were. They struck a strong note about how somethings can be important to some and really trivial to others.  The I-searches about family and personal injury or illness are the ones that really opened my eyes a little more. I could understand the need for answers from these authors. This kind of paper is all new to me and I am getting more and more interested in the structure ( or lack of ) and propose of the I-search.

1 comment: